Your custom closing cost calculator is available for a $400 initial setup fee* + $150 per month. There is no long-term commitment. Customizations may be available for an additional fee, but we’ve already tried to provide you with everything you could want.
* This pricing is effective for new Oklahoma customers. Customers in other states may have a higher initial setup fee but can expect the same monthly fee.
The advanced initial setup fee of $750 applies if you offer multiple levels of title insurance (e.g. “Standard” and “Premium” rates) or have a feature request that we agree is doable within this upgraded pricing.
The major edit fee is 1 month’s rate and applies to each significant calculation change, during initial setup or thereafter. Examples include (yes, we’ve experienced all of these):
- We build your calculator and many of its results are incorrect and it turns out it was because your designated representative did not calculate the rates accurately, often because they did it by hand or referenced the wrong rate chart. We recommend calculating the totals via your closing software to be sure of the results.
- Your team provides us with the wrong formula or rate chart instructions and we have to rebuild it before launch, basically starting over from scratch on the coding customized to your calculator.
- The provided rate chart is accurate but we discover your software does not match the it because your software company’s implementation had errors. In such cases, we’re instructed to match the software (which makes sense — you want your estimates to match your charges) and now we’re redoing your custom coding. Note that you could contact your software company to correct their implementation, causing us not to require any edits.
- Annual rate chart updates are included in your monthly subscription, but changing rates more often than annually would incur this fee.
- Other similar situations, per our sole discretion. Really, though, we want this to be a win-win and penalty fees are meant to be a deterrent against such behavior. Still, they do happen and, in our opinion, are a very fair amount for such situations.
If your title company has multiple locations, they can share a single calculator (only possible if all locations have the same rates) or each have their own.
The price for each additional calculator within the same company is a $25 discount, as low as $100/month. For example, if your company wants 4 calculators, the price would be 4qty Initial Setup Fee + $150/mo + $125/mo + $100/mo + $100/mo = $1,600 initial setup fee + $475/mo
Each calculator is allowed up to 1,000 calculations per month. Each 1,000 thereafter is an additional $25, paid in arrears for occasional overages or added to the recurring charge after going over more than 3 times.
Warning: Going over will make your calculator disabled until we manually override the allowed limit. To ensure you won’t hit your limit, we provide you statistics of how many calculations have been performed to date for each month. You can login to your Dashboard to view, and you should contact us in advance if you’re concerned you may hit your limit and want to ensure zero downtime.
1,000 calculations per month is an average of 33 calculations per calendar day (1.4 every hour of the year) — or 46 per business day (5.1 per business hour, assuming 9 hour work days).
Each calculation is complex and customized to your exact specifications (wording, ordering of fees, and fee amounts). These limits keep the cost affordable while still accommodating companies requiring heavier usage. We set the standard limit at 1,000 calculations per month because most companies will not reach this usage.
How to Pay
Unless otherwise agreed, all payments are via ACH to our bank account on a recurring schedule. It’s your choice if we pull from your account or your system pushes to our account. If we agree to any alternative payment methods, all such processing fees (e.g. $12 per wire or 3% per credit card) are payable by you. There is a $10 per month fee to regularly accept paper checks, but a one-time paper check would not incur this fee.
Your monthly fee will begin after the calculator passes internal testing or 60 days after initiating your setup fee, whichever is sooner. The setup fee is non-refundable (even if you abandon its setup or we agree not to pursue it) and is required prior to beginning work. Please see the Onboarding information for a typical testing timeline.
Recurring monthly payments are due at the beginning of a month’s service, not received in arrears.
We’re glad you recognize our quality and the great value we can provide you!